ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
March 13, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Education Committee
- Committee report from March 3, 2019 meeting.
- Next committee meeting is scheduled TBD, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Miller)
- Public Safety Committee
- Community walk Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm, meet in front of the 11th and Park St NW dog park
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for March 7, and then April 4, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Castañon)
- Transportation Committee
- Committee report from February 26, 2019 meeting
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Rybarczyk)
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Committee report from February 19, 2019 meeting
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Wray)
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Carolina Giraldo, Constituent Services Coordinator, Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Reuben Forman, MOCRS (Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services)
- Shawn J. Hilgendorf, Committee Director, Committee on Facilities and Procurement, Councilmember Robert C. White, Jr.
- Jenna Tomasello, Co-founder, Learn Together, Live Together
- Aimee McHale, Project Manager, New Communities Initiative, DMPED
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (February 2019)
- Letter of Support for Trash Can Improvements in ANC 1A (Bundy and Edmondson)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter Name
- BZA #19922 – 1471 Girard Street NW (Clock and Wray)
- Application of 1471 Girard Street Holding LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 10, for a variance from the floor area ratio requirements of Subtitle F § 302.1, to permit an existing four-unit apartment house in the RA-2 Zone at premises 1471 Girard Street N.W. (Square 2669, Lot 45).
- BZA Hearing April 3, 2019
- BZA #19942 – Resolution in Support of 3321 11th Street, NW (Bundy)
- Application of Alula Abera, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for a special exception under Subtitle G § 1200 from the lot occupancy requirements of Subtitle G § 404.1, to construct a third story and convert the existing semi-detached principal dwelling unit to a four-unit apartment house in the MU-4 Zone at premises 3321 11th Street N.W. (Square 2841, Lot 48).
- BZA Hearing March 27, 2019
- Resolution in Regards to Small Cell Installations (Clock and Wray)
- Resolution in Support of UDC Funding (Clock and Miller)
- Resolution in Support of Modifications to Title 18 (Vehicles and Traffic) of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (“DCMR”) (Clock and Rybarczyk)
- Letter of Support Reiterating Support for Increased Pedestrian Safety Measures and Requesting a Lower Georgia Avenue Streetscape Plan (Boese, Brown, Rybarczyk, and Wray)
- Letter of Support of Bill 23-0051 Increasing Dual Language Immersion Programming Throughout the District (Miller)
- Letter of Support Requesting DDOT Improve Bus Stop, Crosswalk, and Signalling Configuration at the Intersection of 16th Street NW and Spring Place/Spring Road NW (Bonnot)
Adjournment – Goodnight!