ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
July 8, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13126266799,,81467686126# or +12678310333,,81467686126#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 267 831 0333 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 213 338 8477 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 814 6768 6126
Call to Order
Moment of Silence and Statement of Solidarity
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports – (Committee reports are done as needed. 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted)
- Education Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Next meeting: Thursday, July 16 at 7:00 pm
- Transportation Committee
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
- Ms. High – Park Morton Resident Council (Presentation on Recent Court Ruling)
- Alexandra (Allie) Bobak, Constituent Services Coordinator, Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Cynthia Turcios, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
ANC Administrative Matters
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (June 2020 Meeting)
- Reimbursement of ANC communication expenses to Commissioner Rybarczyk (monthly Zoom webinar license for July and August 2020)
- Approval of QFR FY20 Q3
- Letter to DME and DCPS re: 3149 16th Street
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
- Support for BZA Case 20304 – 721 Kenyon Street, NW (Wray)
- Application of 721 Kenyon DCBS, LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under Subtitle U § 320.2, including a waiver from Subtitle U § 320.2(e) and 320.2(h), and under Subtitle E § 5201 from the side yard requirements of Subtitle E § 207.3, to construct a third-story and a three-story rear addition and to convert an existing semi-detached principal dwelling unit into a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 721 Kenyon Street N.W. (Square 2892, Lot 839).
- ZC 16-11: ANC1A Response to Procedural Order Reflecting the Zoning Commission’s Oral Request for Parties’ Responses to Court of Appeals’ Remand (Wray)
- Support for closing of a portion of Morton Street, N.W. and portions of the public alley system as part of the Park Morton redevelopment (Wray)
- To accept the dedication and designation of 6th Street, N.W., Luray Place, N.W., and an extension of Morton Street, N.W., for public street purposes, and to accept the dedication of land for public alley.
- Letter to Council regarding deficiencies in full lead line replacement program (Boese)
Adjournment – Goodnight!
Note: ANC 1A does NOT hold a meeting in August. The next scheduled general meeting of ANC 1A is Wednesday, September 9, 2020. This meeting will be held virtually; more information for how to join the meeting will be available at anc1a.org.