ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street NW (Gymnasium) – 7:00pm
January 8, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed. Note: all committee meetings are held at the District Bridges / ANC 1A office, located at 3400 11th Street NW, Suite 200.
- Education Committee
- Next Meeting: Monday, January 20, 2020 at 7:00pm
- Public Safety Committee
- Next Meeting: TBD
- Transportation Committee
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 7:00pm
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 7:00pm
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Alexandra (Allie) Bobak, Constituent Services Coordinator, Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Cynthia Turcios, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
- WMATA representative: proposed 2020 budget and potential community impacts
- Inez Saki-Tay: DCRA, community outreach and account manager
- Diane Romo Thomas: 2020 Rock N’ Roll DC Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5k
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
- Election of ANC 1A officers for 2020
- Establishment and approval of ANC 1A committees and committee chairs for 2020
- Education and Youth
- Public Safety
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (November 2019)
- Approval of ANC security fund payment ($25) and letter of approval of participation 2020
- Approval of FY20 Q1 financial report and spending report
- Approval of ANC 1A 2020 meeting calendar
- Letter of Support for 2020 Rock N’ Roll DC Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5k for Saturday, March 28, 2019 (Brown, Clock, Love Wade, Rybarczyk)
- Letter to Mayor Bowser highlighting education funding priorities for FY21 (Miller)
- Approval for ANC participation in volunteer fair to encourage broader community participation in programs serving youth and students, including TB testing and background checks for volunteers (Miller)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the Commission) followed by questions from the Commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – (Presenter/Sponsor Name)
- Letter opposing WMATA’s proposed elimination of the 54 Metrobus line in the FY2021 Metro budget (All)
- Approval of Settlement Agreement with Nunez Property Mgt, LLC t/a Buho’s Restaurant, for a Class C Tavern license for the premises at 3521 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20010 (Goldschmidt)
- Approval of Settlement Agreement with Tabla, located at 3227 Georgia Avenue, NW, for a new Retailer’s Class C Restaurant serving Georgian cuisine (Wray)
- BZA #20192 — 617 Quebec Place NW (Boese) Porch roof deck.
- Application of Bernice Mellstrom, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under Subtitle E § 5201,from the lot occupancy requirements of Subtitle E § 304.1, under Subtitle E §§ 206.2 and 5203.3 from the roof top architectural element requirements of Subtitle E § 206.1(a), and from the non-conforming structure requirements of Subtitle C § 202 to construct a new roof deck above the existing front porch of an attached principal dwelling unit in the RF-1 Zone at premises 617 Quebec Place N.W. (Square 3034, Lot 155)
- BZA #20200 – 1369 Parkwood Pl (Goldschmidt) Conversion of row house to three condo units.
- Application of 1369 Parkwood Pl LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for a special exception from the residential conversion requirements of Subtitle U § 320.2, including a waiver from the rear addition requirement of Subtitle U § 320.2(e), to convert an existing one-family dwelling into a three-unit apartment house with a new three-story rear addition in the RF-1 Zone at premises 1369 Parkwood Place, N.W. (Square 2827S, Lot 136)
- BZA #20197 — 1132 Columbia Road NW (Love Wade) Rowhouse conversion to 3 condo units requiring a variance.
- Application Ihab Mogassbi – Diamond Ridge LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapters 9, for a special exception under the RF-use requirements of Subtitle U § 320.2 and 320.2(a), and pursuant to Subtitle X, Chapter 10, for an area variance from the 900 square feet per dwelling unit requirements of Subtitle U § 320.2(d), to permit the conversion of a flat into a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 1132 Columbia Road NW (Square 2853, Lot 53).
- BZA #20181 — 1315 Harvard Street N.W. (Clock) Conversion of rowhouse to 4 condo units requiring a variance and parking relief.
- Application of Medici Road, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under the residential conversion regulations of Subtitle U § 320.2, and under Subtitle C § 703.2, from the minimum parking requirement of Subtitle C § 701.5, and pursuant to Subtitle X, Chapter 10, for an area variance from the minimum land area requirements of U § 320.2(d), to convert an existing one-family dwelling into a four-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 1315 Harvard Street NW. (Square 2854, Lot 86).
- ANC 1A Comprehensive Plan recommendations for the Office of Planning:
- Land Use Element
- Environmental Protection Element
- Economic Development Element
- Parks and Open Space Element
- Urban Design Element
- Historic Preservation Element
- Community Services Element
- Infrastructure Element
- Rock Creek East Area Element
- Testimony on behalf of ANC 1A for the January 27, 2020 Council Committee on Transportation and the Environment DDOT Performance Oversight Hearing (Rybarczyk)
- Letter to DDOT requesting further traffic calming and pedestrian safety improvements at the intersection of 11th Street NW and Lamont Street NW (Bundy, Castañon, Rybarczyk)
- Letter to DDOT requesting pedestrian walk timers with full countdowns remain at all signaled intersections (Clock)
- Letter to DDOT requesting a community meeting to support reconfiguring the 400-600 blocks of Park Road NW as a one-way westbound street, expand on-street parking to the south side of the block, and establish a contraflow bike lane from Georgia Avenue NW to Park Place NW (Boese)
Adjournment – Goodnight!