ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Please click this link to join the webinar:
To join on Telephone: dial (312) 626-6799 and enter 86707379578#
Call to Order
ANC Administrative Matters
- Roll call
- Verification notice: this meeting was meeting was noticed to the community via listserv, Commission newsletter, social media, website, and e-calendar.
- Approval of agenda (including Consent Agenda and Official Business)
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports – (Committee reports are done as needed. 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted). Note: all Committee meetings will be held virtually for the duration of the public health emergency. Please consult the calendar on anc1a.org for up to date committee meeting links and phone numbers, or reach out to the Committee chair listed below.
- Education Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Christine Miller, Chair
- Public Safety Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioners Layla Bonnot and Judson Wood, co-Chairs
- Transportation Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Zach Rybarczyk, Chair
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Michael Wray, Chair
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
- Julian Hipkins, III, NAF Academy Director
- Travoris Cullpepper, Pepco (Harvard Substation)
- Cynthia Turcios, – Community Engagement Program Analyst, District Department of Transportation (DDOT): Ward 1 Updates
- Alexandra (Allie) Bobak, Constituent Services Coordinator, Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Moises Del’Rosario, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (February 2021)
- Settlement agreement and stipulated license agreement for Taco Bell Cantina (3100 14th Street, N.W.) (Miller)
- Sponsorship of Mayor’s Office of the Clean City neighborhood cleanup March 20, 2021 from 10:00 am-4:00 pm to use ANC 1A Office for supply drop off (Bonnot, Rybarczyk)
- Impact statement of potential FY22 WMATA budget cuts on behalf of ANC 1A (Rybarczyk)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the Commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
- BZA-20395 3200 13th Street To convert an existing, semi-detached, three-story commercial building into a three-unit apartment house, with front, side, and rear additions in the RF-1 Zone 1A06
- BZA-20423 Philip J. Cross 1219 Kenyon St. To construct a two-story rear addition to an existing, attached, two-story principal dwelling unit, and to convert the principal dwelling unit to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone. 1A06
- BZA-20433 Prime Realty, LLC 3556 13th St. To construct two, three-story with cellar, attached, two-unit flats in the RF-1 Zone. 1A04
- BZA-20425 616 Quebec Place NW, LLC To convert an existing three-story, semi-detached, principal dwelling unit to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone. 1A08
- BZA-20420 428 Manor Place LLC To construct a third story addition and a three-story rear addition to an existing, attached, two-story principal dwelling unit, and to convert the principal dwelling unit to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone. 1A08
- Park View Historic District Nomination (Boese)
- Letter to DPW requesting street sweeping resume on a regular basis (Hall)
Adjournment – Goodnight!
Note: The next general meeting of ANC 1A is Wednesday, April 14, 2021. This meeting will be held virtually; more information for how to join the meeting will be available at anc1a.org.