ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Please click this link to join the webinar:
To join on Telephone: dial (312) 626-6799 and enter 86707379578#
Call to Order
ANC Administrative Matters
- Roll call
- Verification notice: this meeting was noticed to the community via listserv, Commission newsletter, social media, website, and e-calendar.
- Approval of agenda (including Consent Agenda and Official Business)
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports – (Committee reports are done as needed. 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted). Note: all Committee meetings will be held virtually for the duration of the public health emergency. Please consult the calendar on anc1a.org for up to date committee meeting links and phone numbers, or reach out to the Committee chair listed below.
- Education Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Christine Miller, Chair
- Public Safety Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioners Layla Bonnot and Judson Wood, co-Chairs
- Transportation Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Zach Rybarczyk, Chair
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Michael Wray, Chair
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
- FY22 Budget Presentation: Andrew Trueblood, Director of the DC Office of Planning (OP)
- Nicole McEntee, Office of the Tenant Advocate: resources for tenants and tenant protections
- Alexandra (Allie) Bobak, Constituent Services Coordinator, Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Moises Del’Rosario, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (May 2021)
- Letter of support for speed bumps on the 1400 block of Parkwood Place NW (Bonnot)
- Letter of Support for Request for Traffic Calming and Signage on the 600 & 700 blocks of Otis Place, NW as part of a traffic safety assessment (TSA) (Boese)
- Letter of support for a traffic safety assessment (TSA) at intersection of Sherman Avenue and Lamont Street NW (Wray)
- Letter of support for a traffic safety assessment (TSA) and installation of speed bumps on Holmead Place NW between Oak Street NW and Spring Road NW (Hall)
- Authorization for Commissioner Miller to testify on behalf of ANC 1A regarding Education and Youth-related requests previously approved by ANC 1A (Miller)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the Commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
- BZA Case #20425: 616 Quebec Place NW, LLC To convert an existing three-story, semi-detached, principal dwelling unit to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone (Boese)
- Grant for Park View Neighborhood Clean Up for $69 to Julie Crump (Brown)
- Resolution of Support in Response to DDOT’s Notice of Intent (NOI-21-36-TOA) to Increase No Standing or Parking Anytime Restrictions at the Intersection of 400 Columbia Rd NW and 3000 Warder St NW (Brown)
- Letter of Support in Response to DDOT’s Notification for the Installation of the Warder St NW Protected Bike Lane Notice # 21-155-PS (Wray)
- Letter of support to Council for continuing fare-free Circulator rides (Rybarczyk, Wray)
- Resolution Urging DDOT to Provide ANC 1A with a Comprehensive Proposal of Crosstown Multimodal Transportation Study Implementation and Existing Concepts, and Full Review of its Planned Transportation Networks through ANC 1A (Boese, Brown, Rybarczyk, and Wray)
Adjournment – Goodnight!
Note: The next general meeting of ANC 1A is Wednesday, July 14, 2021. This meeting will be held virtually; more information for how to join the meeting will be available at anc1a.org.