ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street NW (Gymnasium) – 7:00pm
November 13th, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
- Alexandra (Allie) Bobak, Constituent Services Coordinator, Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Cynthia Turcios, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
Committee reports are done as needed. Note: all committee meetings are held at the District Bridges / ANC 1A office, located at 3400 11th Street NW, Suite 200.
- Education Committee
- Next Meeting: Monday, November 25th at 7:00pm
- Public Safety Committee
- Next Meeting: TBD
- Transportation Committee
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 21st at 7:00pm
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 19th at 7:00pm
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Jackie Reyes-Yanes, Director, Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs (MOLA): 2020 Census information
- Adrienne Mouton-Henderson, Senior Attorney, Office of the People’s Counsel (OPC): Pepco’s Request to Implement a Multiyear Rate Plan and Increase Electric Distribution Rates in the District of Columbia (DC PSC Formal Case No. 1156)
- Megan Macaraeg, Many Languages One Voice (MLOV): street vendors and community involvement
- Maria McLemore, DC Education Coalition for Change (DECC): School Transportation Town Hall on November 14th
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (October 2019)
- Approval of the 2019 ANC 1A Year-End Report
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the Commission) followed by questions from the Commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – (Presenter/Sponsor Name)
- Motion to support a special exception for Mysa School, Inc. – 1500 Harvard Street NW (Clock)
- Application of Mysa School, Inc., as amended, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under Subtitle U § 420.1(a),and Subtitle U 320.1(a), from the use provisions of Subtitle U § 203.1(l), and under the private school plan provisions of Subtitle X § 104.1, to permit a private school use serving 100 students and 8 staff members in an existing building in the RA-4 Zone at premises 1500 Harvard Street NW (Square 2577, Lot 43). The ZPP voted 5-0-0 in support.
- ABRA License Renewal for Hook Hall – 3400 Georgia Avenue NW (Wray)
- Letter of support for DC Mentoring and Tutoring Initiative op-ed (Miller)
- Letter Supporting Los Vendadores (Miller, Rybarczyk)
Adjournment – Goodnight!