ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
May 8, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Education Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Carolina Giraldo, Constituent Services Coordinator, Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Reuben Forman, MOCRS (Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services)
- Natasha Smith, Office of Police Complaints
- Travoris Culpepper, Public Affairs Manager, Pepco Region District of Columbia
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (April 2019)
- Approval FY19 Q2 Quarterly Financial Report and Transactions Report
- Letter of opposition to DDOT regarding PSRA Permit Tracking #329113 for Paving: Driveways(s) New-Residential at 3554 10th Street, NW, Washington DC 20010 (Boese)
- Request for HAWK Installation at 16th Street NW and Kalorama Road NW (Clock)
- Traffic Safety Assessment Request – 1400 Block of Girard Street NW and 2800 Block of 15th Street NW (Clock)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter/Sponsor Name
- Resolution in Support of Designating the 2700 Block of Quarry Road NW as “Casilda Luna Way” (Castañon and Edmondson)
- Letter of Support of ANC 1A for a change in use of the property located at 1417, 1493 and 1507 Meridian Place NW (Edmondson)
- Request to Incorporate Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) on the 600 Block of Newton Place NW (Boese and Wray)
- Request for Update and Progress on Crosstown Multimodal Study Recommendations and other Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Measures (Boese, Clock, and Rybarczyk)
- Letter to Request Additional Information from Crown Castle Regarding April 26, 2019 Notice to Apply for 5G Small Cell Permits (Clock and Wray)
- Letter to Request Additional Information from Verizon Regarding April 30, 2019 Notice to Apply for 5G Small Cell Permits in ANC SMD 1A12 (Clock and Wray)
- Letter to Request Additional Information from AT&T Regarding April 25, 2019 Notice to Apply for 5G Small Cell Permits in ANC SMD 1A12 (Clock and Wray)
- Letter to DDOT Regarding NOI 19-86-TESD Crosswalk Modification at 14th and Girard Streets NW (Clock, Love Wade, and Rybarczyk)
- Letter requesting implementation of public recycling throughout the District (Clock)
- Letter of support urging continued funding and expansion of DC Circulator (Boese, Clock, Rybarczyk, and Wray)
- Letter of support urging continued funding for the Office of the Attorney General’s Cure the Streets program (Miller and Rybarczyk)
- Grant request: $400 for Park Morton/NCI Block Party to District Bridges to be held July 12, 2019 on the 600 Block of Morton Street NW (Wray)
- Letter of Support for Friends of the Triangle Park (Bundy)
- Opposition to Renewal of ABRA-089715, Rinconcito Tex-Mex Restaurant (Castañon)
Adjournment – Goodnight!