ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
February 13, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Education Committee
- Committee report from January 27, 2019 meeting.
- Next committee meeting is scheduled TBD, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Miller)
- Public Safety Committee
- Community walk Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm, meet in front of the 11th and Park St NW dog park
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 7, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Castañon)
- Transportation Committee
- Committee report from January 29, 2019 meeting
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Rybarczyk)
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Committee report from January 22, 2019 meeting
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm (Wray)
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Reuben Forman, MOCRS (Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services)
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (January 2019)
- Resolution in Support of Brick Retaining Wall at Park View School (Boese)
- Letter to Mayor requesting additional mental health support in schools (Miller)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter Name
- BZA Case #19842: 1365 Meridian Place, NW (Goldschmidt)
- Case Description: Application of Ana DaCruz, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 10, for variances from the nonconforming structure requirements of Subtitle C § 202.2, from the lot occupancy requirements of Subtitle E § 304.1, from the rear yard requirements of Subtitle E § 306.1, and from the penthouse requirements of Subtitle C § 1500.4, to construct a third-story addition and penthouse and convert the existing attached principal dwelling unit to a flat in the RF-1 Zone at premises 1365 Meridian Place N.W. (Square 2835, Lot 15).
- Letter of stipulated support to DDOT for advancing the 14th Street Transportation Improvement Project with specific items of concern and requested modifications (Rybarczyk)
- Letter of support for stipulated Retailer’s Class “C” Restaurant ABRA license #111895 – “Call Your Mother” and approval of Settlement Agreement (Wray)
- Resolution in strong opposition to installed curb cut at 3554 10th Street, NW (DDOT tracking number 221639) and request for removal (Boese and Bundy)
- Resolution requesting updated Park Road traffic study with a broader scope from DDOT (Miller and Rybarczyk)
- Grant request of $368.00 for Columbia Heights Cleanup (tentatively scheduled Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 1:00-4:00 pm) printing outreach materials (Castañon and Rybarczyk)
Adjournment – Goodnight!