Wednesday, February 8th, 2023 7:00PM
Call to Order
ANC Administrative Matters
- Roll call
- Verification notice: this meeting was noticed to the community via listserv, commission newsletter, social media, website, and e-calendar.
- Approval of agenda (including Consent Agenda and Official Business)
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports (Committee reports are done as needed with 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted). Note: all committee meetings will be held virtually for the duration of the public health emergency. Please consult the calendar on anc1a.org for up-to-date committee meeting links and phone numbers, or reach out to the committee chair listed below.
- Community Outreach and Events Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 7:00pm
- Commissioner Mukta Ghorpadey, Chair
- Education, Youth and Family Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 7:00pm
- Community Chair Christine Miller, Chair
- Small Business and Economic Development Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 7:00pm
- Commissioner Jeremy Sherman and Commissioner Dave Segall, Chair
- Public Safety Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, February 27, 2023 at 7:00pm
- Commissioner Carlo Perri, Chair
- Transportation, Parks, and Public Spaces Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Stephan Kenny, Chair
- Housing Justice and Zoning Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Monday, February 20, 2023 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Max Ewart, Chair
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
- Jerrod Allen, Ward 1 Liaison: Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
- Diane Romo Thomas, Rock ‘N Roll DC Half Marathon
- Travoris Culpepper, PEPCO
- Brianne Dornbush, District Bridges
- Jackie Castaneda, Constituent Services: Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (January, 2023)
- Letter to Mayor for Office Space Funding Allocation
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the Commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
- Letter of Support for DB’s “Juernes” Events (Coleman Kenny)
- Letter of Support for NCBA’s Carl F. West Development (Turner)
- Establishment of Public Life Task Force (Barnett)
- Resolution of Support for B25-0068 “Street Vendor Advancement Amendment Act of 2023” (Ghorpadey)
Adjournment – Goodnight! Note: The next general meeting of ANC 1A is Wednesday, March 8, 2023. This meeting will be held virtually; more information for how to join the meeting will be available at anc1a.org.