ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
September 9, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13126266799,,81467686126# or +12678310333,,81467686126#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 267 831 0333 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 213 338 8477 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 814 6768 6126
Call to Order
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports – (Committee reports are done as needed. 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted)
- Education Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Next meeting: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 7:00 pm (virtual)
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next meeting: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm (virtual)
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
- Alexandra (Allie) Bobak, Constituent Services Coordinator, Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Cynthia Turcios, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
ANC Administrative Matters
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (July 2020 Meeting)
- Reimbursement of ANC communication expenses to Commissioner Rybarczyk (monthly Zoom webinar license for September 2020)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
- Approval of the ANC 1A FY21 Budget and Budget Narrative (Miller)
- Letter to expand RPP during rush hour parking restriction times on the 400 block of Kenyon St NW (Brown)
- Resolution requesting hearing for B23-0875, “Street Vending Decriminalization Amend Act of 2020” (Miller, Rybarczyk)
- Letter of support to the Deputy Mayor for Education, DCPS, and DCPCS for learning hubs in Columbia Heights and Park View in Ward 1 (Miller)
- Resolution In Support Of D.C. Surveyor Application No. S.O. 17-21094 To Dedicate Land for Street and Alley Purposes Adjacent to Squares 3039, 3040 and 3043 (Wray)
Adjournment – Goodnight!
The next scheduled general meeting of ANC 1A is Wednesday, October 14, 2020. This meeting will be held virtually; more information for how to join the meeting will be available at anc1a.org.