ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
June 12, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Education Committee
- Next meeting: Monday, June 24, 2019 3400 11th Street (District Bridges/ANC Office) BACK OFFICE from 7:00-8:30 pm.
- Public Safety Committee
- Next meeting: Tuesday, July 3, 2019 3400 11th Street (District Bridges/ANC Office) from 7:00-8:30 pm.
- Transportation Committee
- Next meeting: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3400 11th Street (District Bridges/ANC Office) from 7:00-8:30 pm.
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next meeting: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3400 11th Street (District Bridges/ANC Office) from 7:00-8:30 pm.
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Brianne Dornbush, Executive Director, District Bridges (Main Street)
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (May 2019)
- Letter of Support for District Bridges Columbia Heights Day event on September 22, 2019 (Miller)
- Letter of support for amplified sound at Lower Georgia Avenue Art All Night event at Bruce Monroe Park sponsored by the Lower Georgia Avenue Main Street and the New Communities Initiative on August 17, 2019 (Brown)
- Iron Age Korean Steak House (3365 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20010) Settlement Agreement (Miller)
- Letter of support for sidewalk repair and consideration of curb cut removal near 1265 Columbia Road NW (Love Wade and Rybarczyk)
- Letter of Support for traffic calming measures (speed bumps) and safety assessment of the 1400 and 1500 blocks of Meridian Place NW (Edmondson)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter/Sponsor Name
- Rinconcito Tex-Mex Corporation (1129 11th St NW, Washington, DC 20001) Settlement Agreement (Castañon)
- Letter of support for stipulated ABRA license for Mr. Braxton at 3632 Georgia Avenue NW (Boese)
- Application for a Friends of the Triangle Park and request for a Letter of Support from ANC 1A to DPR – Location Park Road, New Hampshire, Sherman Ave (Bundy)
- Letter of support for renewal of Friends of the 11th and Monroe Street (Trolley Park) Park to DPR (Wray)
- Public Space Application to construct a new driveway at 445 Park Road NW (Boese)
- Letter to Request Appeal of Building Permit Issued for 1435 Girard Street NW (Clock)
- Letter of support for Capital Bikeshare installation near 3475 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20010 (Goldschmidt)
- Letter of support for sustainable and equitable tax policies for locally-owned small businesses in the District (Boese, Clock, Miller and Rybarczyk)
- Grant request: $1,200 for Parkwood Place’s Annual Back 2 School event for rental chairs, tables, tents, and printing flyers (Bonnot)
Adjournment – Goodnight!