Wednesday, January 12 at 7:00 pm
To join via Telephone: dial (312) 626-6799 and enter 86707379578#
Call to Order
ANC Administrative Matters
- Roll call
- Verification notice: this meeting was noticed to the community via listserv, Commission newsletter, social media, website, and e-calendar.
- Approval of agenda (including Consent Agenda and Official Business)
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports – (Committee reports are done as needed. 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted). Note: all Committee meetings will be held virtually for the duration of the public health emergency. Please consult the calendar on anc1a.org for up to date committee meeting links and phone numbers, or reach out to the Committee chair listed below.
- Education Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: TBD, 2022 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Christine Miller, Chair
- Public Safety Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Layla Bonnot, Chair
- Transportation Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: TBD
- TBD, Chair
- Crosstown Update, next meeting in February
- 16th Street and Pine – possible update in Spring
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Michael Wray, Chair
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
- Stephen Akyereko, DC Water’s Lead Free DC Initiative
- Mignon Bowie, DDOT Community Engagement Specialist Ward 1
- Caroline Cragin and Alesia Venese, Community Mediation DC
- Travoris Culpepper, PEPCO
- Alexandra (Allie) Bobak, Constituent Services Coordinator, Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
- Moises Del’Rosario, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (November, 2021)
- Approval of 2022 Meetings Calendar
- Approval of ANC 1A Security Fund Participation, expend $25.00
- Approval the Q1 FY22 Quarterly Financial Report
- TSI Request for 3666 Park Place NW
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the Commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
- BZA Case 20631, 723 Morton Street NW. To construct two new, attached, three-story with cellar and roof deck, flats in the RF-1 zone. (Wray)
- Letter of support for 1400 block Perry Pl/Spring Rd NW CCTV camera installation (Bonnot)
- PEPCO Letter of Support Capital Grid Construction (Love Wade)
Harvard Street Sub Station
- Election of ANC 1A Executive Committee:
Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary
- Election of Standing ANC 1A Committee Chairs:
Grants; Education and Youth; Public Safety; Transportation; Zoning, Planning, and Parks
- Ad hoc Committees on Employment and Training; and Community Events (Ghorpadey/Barnett)
Adjournment – Goodnight!
Note: The next general meeting of ANC 1A is Wednesday, February 9, 2022. This meeting will be held virtually; more information for how to join the meeting will be available at anc1a.org.