ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
November 14, 2018
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Education Committee
- Next committee meeting November 15, 2018 from 6:30-8:00 pm at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW); facilitated information session on DC’s new school report card being developed by OSSE (Office of the State Superintendent of Education) (Miller)
- Parks and Public Space Committee
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) (Boese)
- Transportation Committee
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) (Rybarczyk)
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Sayra Molina, MOCRS (Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services)
- Brandon Whiting, Constituent Services Coordinator (Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the Prior Minutes (October 2018)
- Reimbursement of 2019 and 2020 ANC 1A website costs (Rybarczyk)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter Name
- BZA case no. 19862: Application of Heights Holdings LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under Subtitle C § 703.2 from the minimum parking requirements of Subtitle C § 701.5, and under Subtitle G §§ 409 and 1201 from the rear yard requirements of Subtitle G § 405.2, to construct a new 26-unit apartment house in the MU-4 Zone at premises 3331 & 3333 11th Street N.W. and 1032 & 1034 Park Road N.W. (Square 2841, Lots 95, 96, 98 and 99) (Farmer)
- BZA case no. 19884: Application of Jason Bricker, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for a special exception under Subtitle E § 5201 from the non-conforming structure requirements of Subtitle C § 202.2, to a three-story rear addition to an existing flat in the RF-1 Zone at premises 1209 Lamont Street N.W. (Square 2842, Lot 79) (Castañon)
- Letter of Support for Crosswalk Safety Measures at Lamont and 11th and Lamont and 13th (Castañon)
- Request for Assistance to Safeguard and Ensure Continued Public Use of the Columbia Heights Public Realm in Its Entirety (Boese, Castañon, Rybarczyk)
- Letter of Support for the Clean Energy DC Omnibus Amendment Act of 2018 (Boese)
- Letter of Support and “Santa”-level Sponsorship of 2018 Columbia Heights Tree Lighting Festival (Miller)
Adjournment – Goodnight!