ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
July 10th, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Education Committee
- Next meeting: TBD
- Public Safety Committee
- Next meeting: Wednesday, July 31st, 2019 at 3400 11th Street (District Bridges/ANC Office) from 7:00-8:30 pm.
- Transportation Committee
- Next meeting: Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019 at 3400 11th Street (District Bridges/ANC Office) from 7:00-8:30 pm.
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next meeting: Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 at 3400 11th Street (District Bridges/ANC Office) from 7:00-8:30 pm.
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- John Deignan – Water Communications Coordinator for DC Water
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (June 2019)
- Approval of FY19 Q2 QFR and Spending Report (Miller)
- Letter of support for Karribean Kitchen live entertainment endorsement (Edmondson)
- Letter amending Traffic Safety Assessment Service Request 19-00252070 (Clock)
- Letter encouraging additional preparation for the District’s Kids Ride Free (KRF) program (Miller)
- Letter in opposition to a mobile application to assist ANCs with constituent outreach and engagement (Boese)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter/Sponsor Name
- Ledo Pizza and Bar (1400 Irving Street NW, #109) Stipulated License and request to grant authority to approve Settlement Agreement once placarded (Rybarczyk)
- Support for BZA Case #20083 – 3424 Holmead Place NW (Goldschmidt)
- Application of Studio Acting Conservancy on behalf of 3423 Holmead Place LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for a special exception under the use provisions of Subtitle U, Section 320.1(a) and Subtitle U, Section 203.1(1), to permit a private school use in an existing building in the RF-1 Zone at premises 3423 Holmead Place NW (Square 2834, Lot 63)
- Letter of support to DPR for Carolina Buitrago, District Bridges, for amplified sound for Noches Culturales/Cultural Nights of music, food, and dance, at the Columbia Heights Civic Plaza on Thursdays (July 25, August 22, September 26, and October 24, 2019) from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Miller, Rybarczyk)
- Letter of support to DPR for Isaias Guerrero, La Colombopercutiva, for amplified sound at the immigrant and refugee music festival at the Columbia Heights Civic Plaza, on Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm (Miller, Rybarczyk)
- Grant request and presentation: Rachel Ugarte, La Clinica Del Pueblo Chief Development Officer, for 2nd annual La Fiesta Del Barrio on Mt. Pleasant Street between Kenyon and Lamont on Sunday, September 8, 2019 (Clock, Love Wade, Miller)
- Letter in support of continued funding and service expansion of the DC Circulator (Bundy, Clock, Rybarczyk)
- Letter of support for B23-0037 – Care for LGBTQ Seniors and Seniors with HIV Amendment Act of 2019 (Boese)
- Letter of support for reintroducing the “Secure a Fair and Equitable Trial Act of 2017” (Boese)
- Resolution requesting DDOT assess for the installation of a crosswalk across Park Road NW at Holmead Place NW (Rybarczyk)
- Resolution in support of 3212 Georgia Avenue NW (Square 2892) application to close a dead-end portion of a public alley (Wray)
- S.O. 19-47478. Resolution to also include request that DC Council obtain fair market value for the land and prioritize funds for community green spaces.
Adjournment – Goodnight!