ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Please click this link to join the webinar:
To join on Telephone: dial (312) 626-6799 and enter 86707379578#
Call to Order
ANC Administrative Matters
- Roll call
- Verification notice: this meeting was meeting was noticed to the community via listserv, Commission newsletter, social media, website, and e-calendar.
- Approval of agenda (including Consent Agenda and Official Business)
Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports – (Committee reports are done as needed. 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted). Note: all Committee meetings will be held virtually for the duration of the public health emergency. Please consult the calendar on anc1a.org for up to date committee meeting links and phone numbers, or reach out to the Committee chair listed below.
- Education Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Christine Miller, Chair
- Public Safety Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Thursday, May 20 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioners Layla Bonnot and Judson Wood, co-Chairs
- Transportation Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Zach Rybarczyk, Chair
- Zoning, Parks, and Planning Committee
- Next committee meeting scheduled for: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Michael Wray, Chair
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
- Deloris K. Ramsey, Supervisory Training Officer, Office of Campaign Finance
- Moises Del’Rosario, Ward 1 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (MOCRS)
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (April 2021)
- FY21 Q3 Quarterly Financial Report
- Letter of support for picnic table installation at Quincy Park (Bonnot)
- Letter of support for Bike to Work Day socially-distanced pop-up event at 14th and Park Road NW on Friday, May 21, 2021 (Miller)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the Commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
- BZA-20425 616 Quebec Place NW, LLC To convert an existing three-story, semi-detached, principal dwelling unit to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone (Boese)
- Authorization for Commissioner Miller to write a letter of support regarding Shrine of the Sacred Heart Church’s mobilization for pedestrian safety on Pine Street NW (Miller)
Adjournment – Goodnight!
Note: The next general meeting of ANC 1A is Wednesday, June 9, 2021. This meeting will be held virtually; more information for how to join the meeting will be available at anc1a.org.