ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
January 9, 2019
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Transportation Committee
- Next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at the District Bridges Office (3400 11th Street NW) at 7:00 pm.
- Public Safety Committee
- Community walk January 20, 2019 at 6:00 pm, meet in front of the 11th and Park St NW dog park (Castañon)
- Zoning Committee
- Committee report from January 2, 2019 meeting.
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Sean R. Conboy; Captain, Fourth District (Metropolitan Police Department)
- Sayra Molina, MOCRS (Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services)
- Carolina Giraldo, Constituent Services Coordinator (Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau)
- Kathleen Stines, DC Families for DC Kids: DC foster care presentation
- Roll call
- Approval of agenda
- Election of ANC 1A officers for 2019
- Establishment and approval of committee chairs for 2019
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the prior minutes (November 2018)
- Approval of ANC security fund payment for 2019
- Approval of FY19 Q1 financial report
- Approval of ANC 1A 2019 meeting calendar
- Letter of Support for 2019 Rock N’ Roll DC Marathon and Half Marathon March 9, 2019 (Boese)
- Letter of Support for The Next Step Public Charter School/El Proximo Paso (Next Step PCS) on December 13, 2018 to expand the ages served at its program, from 16-24 to 16-30, effective for school year (SY) 2019-20 (Miller and Rybarczyk)
- Letter of Support for Petition for Removal and Replacement of Gingko Trees on 1400 Blk of Parkwood Pl NW (Bonnot)
- Letter of Support for Winter Market at Columbia Heights Farmers Market (Castañon)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter Name
- Letter of Support re: NOI #18-227-TOA for No Turn on Red Restrictions at 14th Street NW & Columbia Road NW; Georgia Avenue NW & Otis Place NW; 13th Street NW & Kenyon Street NW; 14th Street NW & Kenyon Street NW & Park Road NW; Georgia Avenue NW & New Hampshire Avenue NW& Rock Creek Church Road NW; 16th Street NW & Lamont Street NW (Rybarczyk)
- Resolution Urging the Mayor of the District of Columbia to Purchase the Land Located at 1100 Park Road NW (2842-0812) (Castañon)
- BZA Case #19937 – 3664 Park Place, NW (Boese)
- Application of Martin Svetoslavov, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under Subtitle E § 5201 from the lot occupancy requirements of Subtitle E § 304.1, the rear yard requirements of Subtitle E § 306.1, and the nonconforming structure requirements of Subtitle C § 202.2, to expand an existing two-story rear addition and construct a new rear deck addition to an existing, semi-detached principal dwelling unit in the RF-1 Zone at premises 3664 Park Place N.W. (Square 3034, Lot 197).
- BZA Case #19828 – 3423 Holmead Pl., NW (Goldschmidt)
- Application of 3423 Holmead Place LLC, as amended, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under the non-residential conversion requirements of Subtitle U § 320.3, and under Subtitle E § 5201 from the minimum court requirements of Subtitle E § 203.1 and the nonconforming structure requirements of Subtitle C § 202.2, and pursuant to Subtitle X, Chapter 10, for variances from the front setback requirements of Subtitle B § 315.1(c) and the limit on number of stories.
- BZA Case #19929 – 614 Otis Pl., NW (Boese)
- Application of 614 Otis LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for a special exception under the residential conversion requirements of Subtitle U § 320.2, to construct a rear addition and convert an existing, attached principal dwelling unit into a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 614 Otis Place N.W. (Square 3035, Lot 63).
- BZA Case #19944 – 3554 10th St., NW (Bundy)
- Application of 3554 10th Street LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for a special exception under the residential conversion requirements of Subtitle U § 320.2, to construct a three-story rear addition to an existing semi-detached principal dwelling unit and convert it to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 3554 10th Street N.W. (Square 2832, Lot 52).
- BZA Case #19919 – 436 Park Rd., NW (Brown)
- Application of Jaz Construction, LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under the residential conversion requirements of Subtitle U § 320.2, under Subtitle E § 5201 from the existing nonconformity requirements of Subtitle C § 202.2, and under Subtitle C § 703.2 from the minimum parking requirements of Subtitle C § 701.5, to construct a three-story side addition and a three-story rear addition, and convert the existing semi-detached principal dwelling unit to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 436 Park Road N.W. (Square 3044, Lot 54).
- BZA Case #19922 – 1471 Girard St., NW (Clock)
- Application of 1471 Girard Street Holding LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 10, for a variance from the floor area ratio requirements of Subtitle F § 302.1, to permit an existing four-unit apartment house in the RA-2 Zone at premises 1471 Girard Street N.W. (Square 2669, Lot 45).
Adjournment – Goodnight!