ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 1A
ANC 1A meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm
Presiding: Commissioner Kent Boese, Chairperson
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
October 10, 2018
Call to Order
Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues. 1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.
Committee reports are done as needed.
- Transportation Committee
- Next committee meeting pending DDOT confirmation for Monday, October 29, 2018 at 7:00 pm (Rybarczyk)
- Public Safety Committee
- Community workshop and training scheduled for Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 10:00 am (Castañon)
- Committee co-chair opening, all interested individuals please contact your commissioner.
Presentations are limited to 3 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.
- Raquel Ortiz (DCPS, Office of Family and Public Engagement): overview presentation on ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act)
- Phyllis Jones (Department of Behavioral Health): Homeless Outreach Program (HOP) introduction and overview
- Somerset: Urban Village redevelopment project
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
Consideration and possible action relating to a request for Commission approval of the Consent Agenda. All matters listed under “Consent” are considered by the Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from the Consent Agenda by request. A motion to adopt the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
- Approval of the Prior Minutes (September 2018)
- Approval of FY19 ANC 1A Budget
- Letter of Support: Family Place adult education programming (Miller)
- Settlement Agreement for Tsehay Ethiopian Restaurant (3630 Georgia Avenue) (Boese)
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Issue – Presenter Name
- BZA Case No. 19870: Application of 727 Kenyon LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for a special exception under the residential conversion requirements of Subtitle U § 320.2, to convert the existing principal dwelling unit to a three-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 727 Kenyon Street N.W. (Square 2892, Lot 845) (Boese)
- BZA Case No. 19828: Application of 3423 Holmead Place LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under the non-residential conversion requirements of Subtitle U § 320.3, and under Subtitle E § 5201 from the front setback requirements of Subtitle B § 315.1(c), the minimum court requirements of Subtitle E § 203.1, and the non-conforming structure requirements of Subtitle C § 202.2, and pursuant to Subtitle X, Chapter 10, for a variance from the limit on number of stories under Subtitle E § 303.1, to convert an existing church to a seven-unit apartment house in the RF-1 Zone at premises 3423 Holmead Place N.W. (Square 2834, Lot 163) (Boese)
- BZA case no. 19862: Application of Heights Holdings LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR Subtitle X, Chapter 9, for special exceptions under Subtitle C § 703.2 from the minimum parking requirements of Subtitle C § 701.5, and under Subtitle G §§ 409 and 1201 from the rear yard requirements of Subtitle G § 405.2, to construct a new 26-unit apartment house in the MU-4 Zone at premises 3331 & 3333 11th Street N.W. and 1032 & 1034 Park Road N.W. (Square 2841, Lots 95, 96, 98 and 99) (Farmer)
- Grant request: Georgia Avenue THRIVE; $500 grant for entertainment (Mariachi band and acoustic guitar music) for the Dia de Los Muertos Celebration
- Grant request: Project Giveback; $2,900 grant for boxes to be used in the Thanksgiving Food Distribution Program (Love Wade)
- Resolution requesting DDOT relocate Capital Bike Share station from 11th and Park Road NW to public park at Sherman and Park Road NW (Farmer)
- ABRA application for Marrakech Restaurant (3632 Georgia Avenue NW) (Boese)
- Letter of support for gap financing for Urban Village redevelopment (Wright-Smith)
- ABRA application for a summer garden at Agave Mexican Restaurant (3217 Georgia Avenue NW)
Adjournment – Goodnight!