Members of the community or local organizations can petition the ANC to partially fund their events that benefit residents of the ANC. Under DC law, ANCs may only award sponsorships to organizations for public purposes. ANC 1A reserves the right to fund or not fund any legal sponsorship application at its sole discretion.
Before applying for a community sponsorship, please carefully review our guidelines for sponsorship applications.
Please note before applying:
- Sponsorship applications will not be considered unless they are submitted using the approved application at the bottom of this page.
- Sponsorship applications must be received 30 days prior to their consideration at an official meeting of ANC 1A.
- ANC 1A may, at its sole discretion, choose to accept, consider, and fund sponsorship applications submitted less than 30 days prior to their consideration provided that all other requirements of the application process are met and the Commission votes to consider it by a 3/4 majority at a public meeting.
- Applicants must fill out and bring a signed sponsorship agreement to the meeting where their sponsorship is being considered. Applications will not be considered absent this form.
- Required information for consideration shall include a statement of the total costs of the project which includes other sources of funding and is accompanied by a detailed budget.
- Please include a line item budget of what you would like the ANC to fund, as well as a statement of public purpose that details the public benefit of the event.
- Following the event, applicants must complete a sponsorship close-out document.