ANC 1A reviewed the Office of Planning’s Amendments to the District’s Comprehensive Plan.
The Commission had until January 2020 to respond to the Office of Planning. We welcomed and encouraged public feedback and participation in this process, and have provided links to the Office of Planning’s Element summaries, amendment redlines, and the draft ANC1A responses for public review and comment.
- Future Land Use Map and Generalized Policy Map
- Land Use Element
- Transportation Element
- Housing Element
- Environmental Protection Element
- Economic Development Element
- Parks and Open Space Element
- Urban Design Element
- Historic Preservation Element
- Community Services & Facilities Element
- Educational Facilities Element
- Infrastructure Element
- Arts & Culture Element
- Mid City Area Element
- Rock Creek East Area Element
Comprehensive Plan Elements & Draft ANC Responses for Public Review and Comment
At the October 15, 2019 Zoning, Planning, and Parks Committee, a rough timeline for action was proposed by residents and Commissioners in attendance.
- October 27, 2019: Tag-up meeting of Committee members to work as a group in the review of sections/elements and to assign summaries (location TBD)
- November 7, 2019: begin to post element summaries to website for review (online)
- November 9 and 16, 2019: potential dates for public meetings to solicit resident feedback
- December 7 and 14, 2019: potential dates for public meetings to solicit resident feedback
- December 17, 2019: ZPP Committee to review draft recommendations
- January 8, 2020: vote on recommendations at the full ANC 1A meeting (or, consider a special meeting, TBD, if more time is needed to consider recommendations)
Individual Commissioners and ANC Committees will be tasked with creating summaries of applicable elements of the Comp Plan and to draft amendments and redlines for consideration (assigned Commissioners and Committees, TBD).
Element summaries and draft amendments will be posted on a rolling basis, beginning November 7, 2019.
Once posted, the ANC will also open an online comment form to solicit feedback on the Comp Plan amendments and redlines, in addition to public meetings to be scheduled throughout the Commission.
If you are interested in getting involved in the ANC’s Comp Plan review process, please contact Commissioner Michael Wray at email@example.com.
For more information on the Comp Plan, please visit https://plandc.dc.gov/.