Under DC law, ANCs may award grants to organizations for public purposes. ANC 1A reserves the right to fund or not fund any legal grant application at its sole discretion.
Before applying for a community grant, please carefully review this guidance document:
Please note before applying:
- Grant applications will not be considered unless they are submitted using the approved application.
- Grant applications must be received 30 days prior to their consideration at an official meeting of ANC 1A.
- ANC 1A may, at its sole discretion, choose to accept, consider and fund legal grant applications submitted less than 30 days prior to their consideration provided that all other requirements of the application process are met and the Commission votes to consider it by a 3/4 majority at a public meeting.
- Required information for consideration shall include a statement of the total costs of the project which includes other sources of funding and is accompanied by a detailed budget.
- Please include a line item budget of what you would like the ANC to fund, as well as a statement of public purpose that details the public benefit of the event.
- Please complete a Grant Close-Out document following your event.