The Transportation Committee is responsible for the following:
- Tracking ANC 1A and community requests for information/reports and transportation issues; follow up with DDOT and other District agencies as necessary.
- Researching and reporting findings and provide recommendations to ANC 1A as related to transportation and public space requests and NOIs.
- Drafting (and recommending) resolutions for ANC 1A’s consideration.
- Coordinating community participation at DDOT hearings by explicit request of the Commission.
Please contact Zach Rybarczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the committee Google Group.
Commissioner Zach Rybarczyk (1A03)
Committee Reports and Resources
WMATA FY21 Budget Process and Proposed Bus Service Changes
February 2020: Proposed DC bus service changes under the FY21 WMATA budget (elimination of 52 route/shift to 59 route on page 9 of the document)
February 2020: WMATA FY21 budget notice of public hearing and budget information (public hearing for the District is scheduled for Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 4:00 pm [open house] 4:30 pm [hearing])
Website for providing feedback to WMATA regarding the proposed FY21 budget (due by Monday, March 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm): https://metro2021budget.sawtoothsoftware.com/
ANC 1A letter opposing WMATA’s proposed elimination of the 54 Metrobus line in the FY2021 Metro budget (will be updated and resubmitted February 2020)
WMATA FY21 budget website: https://www.wmata.com/initiatives/budget/
Other Items for Community Review:
Article: “Here’s what bus lanes on 14th Street NW could look like” (Greater Greater Washington)
October 29, 2018 Meeting: Lamont Street NW Crosswalk and Pedestrian Safety
Meeting at the request of Commissioner Castañon
- Meeting Resource: DDOT Lamont Street Pedestrian Safety Evaluation
- Meeting Resource: DDOT Lamont Crosswalks Options Presentation
November 5, 2018 Special Meeting: 11th and Park Street NW Bikeshare
Meeting at the request of Commissioners Castañon and Farmer