Public Safety Committee (PSC)
The PSC is responsible for the following:
- Formulate and execute strategies for community involvement to promote greater public safety and awareness of criminal activity and community wellness.
- Support the MPD’s community policing initiatives through innovative approaches and encouraging more communication.
- Track ANC 1A crimes and report information to ANC 1A.
- Raise public safety issues to ANC 1A and other appropriate entities.
- Draft resolutions for ANC 1A’s consideration.
Please contact Angelica Castañon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the committee Google Group.
Past Public Safety Committee minutes and reports are linked below.
An archive of minutes and notes from meetings before 2017 are available here.
Commissioner Angelica Castañon (1A06)
Public Safety Committee Minutes & Reports:
May 2019 Neighborhood Safety Panel and Discussion
October 2018 Columbia Heights Public Safety Training